10 months ago
Here is another farro recipe that I've made for my family and we really love. I like to add a little cayenne pepper to add some heat to it.
- 1 cup farro
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups 365 vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons 365 extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons 365 balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Galaxy Vegan Parmesan cheese
In a cold saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, shallots and garlic. Sweat for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Add the farro and toast 2-3 minutes. Add broth, 1/4 tsp salt, and bring to a simmer.
Cook, partly covered, about 40 minutes. Drain off any remaining broth.
Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, the cheese, and salt to taste. Serve warm or room temperature.
- 252 calories
- 6g total fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 13mg cholesterol
- 447mg sodium
- 39g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)
- 14g protein